Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Everything Fall

Fall Is hands down my favorite time of the year, The colors, the crisp air after the extreme heat of summer, the smells, bonfires, cornmazes, hayrides, haunted parks, there isnt anything I dont like about this time of the year! Not to mention my birthday happens to be in October, as does Amaya's!! We have been decorated for fall since the beginning of September...a little premature, I can't help it!! Im am always looking for fun fall crafts and recipes. Lastnight, Amaya wanted breakfast for dinner, or, Brinner. So I threw together a french toast recipe i saw a while back and it was a hit!!! So I thought I would share. Amaya can be pretty picky when it comes to eating and the fact that she was done her first piece in less than 3 minutes and already asking for seconds, I knew it had to be good... so here is my recipe for Pumpkin Pie french toast!! I rarely measure, I pretty much throw things together to taste (or smell for some recipes...this one being one of them).
  • 3/4C pumpkin puree (make your own or from a can)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2C milk
  • 1-2Tbs pumpkin pie spice (make your own or buy already made)
  • Splash of vanilla
  • texas toast (the thick kind, best for french toast)
                              homemade pumpkin pie spice
                                           4tsp cinnamon
                                           2tsp ginger
                                           1tsp cloves
                                           1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
           

    Mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, milk and spices until blended, (it will be thick).  Grease your pan or skillet before each batch as it tends to stick! Dip bread into batter until coated. Cook each side of the french toast until no longer soggy.  Sprinkle with confectioner sugar, drizzle with syrup and enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment