Monday, October 17, 2011

My Amaya

With Amaya's birthday fast approaching, she has gone from every 2 or 3 days of reminding me she is going to be 8 soon, to everyday, 501928.5 times a day! This past weekend she was talking to me about getting older and I said to her, this time 8 years ago you were still in my belly...to which she matter of factly replied," i was stuck in there before coming out your cha-cha" I don't know where she comes up with some of her termonology.. I've never referred to lady parts as a cha cha.. but she had me laughing, like she always does! The next day after work, I decided to surprise her with a trip to Landis Valley (thank you sister for the membership!!) It's an old time village and museum that shows you life "in the old days" according to Amaya.. One shop she loved was the tin smith...The woman showed us different things we use today and how they have changed. She held up a tin cup with a lid that had a spout coming out the one side, and asked Amaya what she thought it was. Amaya replied she had no idea so she started giving her clues..saying that babies drink out of this to which she relplied," sippy cup??" The woman said "no, before sippy cups, how do babies get their milk?"...and without a beat, Amaya looked at me and said "mom, i cannot say boobs to her!!!!" to which everyone started laughing... I love my Amaya!!! She keeps me on my toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment